My friend Rory has written this fuller description of the word we believe God is giving to the church at this time through the Hezekiah’s Tunnel dreams and revelations.
We are in a spiritual war which has influence preventing the
church of God, Body of Christ, on an individual and corporate level, from accomplishing
Gods WILL on earth as it is in
God needs to work through his people, his vessels, by his
Holy Spirit leading & guiding them into all truth for Gods purpose and will
to be done.
The Assyrians – Spiritual parallel of the war against the church. Rob, kill & destroy – Anti-Christ in everything, deprive Gods children of every spiritual and material gift (John 10: 8-11). Beware of false people, doctrine, do not get distracted or fall away from God during tough times. Do not forget his promises.
The Gihon Spring (means “Bursting Forth”) is symbolic of the fivefold ministry gifts of God, there has been a silence and lull of the five-fold gifts in the body of Christ in general. The voice of God through the “various gifts” have been restricted, banned & does not flow for many reasons. They have been prevented from “bursting forth” into the body of Christ for many years, especially in Ireland. God wants to restore “ALL” his gifts to the body of Christ.
(Ephesians 4: 11-16) If God appoints, God anoints.
Who & basic job
function – 5-Fold Ministry
- Some as apostles (special messengers, representatives, church builders)
- Some as prophets (who speak a new and relevant message from God to the people)
- Some as evangelists (who spread the good news of salvation)
- Some as pastors and teachers (to shepherd and guide and instruct)
Why these “SPECIFIC” gifts?
fully equip and perfect the saints (God’s people) for works of
build up the body of Christ (the church).
- To supply,
stabilise, sustain, secure, surround (the church).
For how long – to have these gifts?
- until we all reach oneness in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God.
- until we (growing spiritually) become a mature believer.
- until we reach the measure of the fullness of Christ (manifesting His spiritual completeness and exercising our spiritual gifts in unity).
Goal & purposes
- So that we are no longer children (spiritually immature)
- That we are not tossed back and forth (like ships on a stormy sea) and carried about by every wind of (shifting) doctrine.
- So that we do not succumb to the cunning and trickery of (unscrupulous) men, by the deceitful scheming of people ready to do anything (for personal profit).
Final result & achievement
- To enable us to speak the truth in
love (in all things—both our speech and our lives expressing His truth).
- To allow us to grow up in all things into
Him (following His example) who is the Head—Christ.
Corporate – Christ Achieved
- From Him the whole body (the church, in all its various parts), will be joined and knitted firmly together by what every joint supply, when each part is working properly, causes the body to grow and mature, building itself up in (unselfish) love.
- The enabling
of the 5-fold ministry & “ALL”
other gifts of God, through the Holy Spirit to flow.
- The tunnel is the “means” of re-connecting that has been lost, (All Gods
gifts) restricted or removed, back into their rightful place in the church.
It takes tenacious, laborious, energetic & very hard
work to build a tunnel, as it does require more than just human power to work
for and with God as his vessels and temples. (Zechariah 4:6; Matthew 19:26)
- God won’t do all the work, he expects us to meet him, to draw
unto him, this is hard work.
- The Word of God continuously reminds us how desperately we
need spiritual spring water from God. (John 4:14)
- Isaiah 55:6-7 admonish us, “Seek
ye the Lord while
he may be found, call ye upon him while he is
near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and
let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God,
for he will abundantly pardon.”
We do have
to hunger and thirst for His way of
life, as Jesus said in;
5:6) Fulfilled & satisfied forever
Blessed (joyful, nourished by God’s goodness) are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (those
who actively seek right standing with God), for they will
be (completely) satisfied.
(John 7:37-39). Jesus – living water
37 Now on the last and most important day of the
feast, Jesus stood and called out (in a loud voice), “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and
drink! 38 He who believes in Me (who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on
Me), as the Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will
flow continually rivers of living water.’” 39 But He was speaking of the (Holy) Spirit, whom
those who believed in Him (as Saviour) were to receive afterward.
The Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised
The tunnel restores
and links man, back to God by streams of living
water bursting forth through the gifts of God and the gifts of the Holy
The pool of Siloam
Because the water
is believed to be of God, (not man-made – hidden source underground), it
had spiritual powers. It was from
the pool of Siloam that the water which was poured out at the altar during the
feast of Tabernacles, was used because it was pure and originated from God.
- The pool corresponds to the “water works” mentioned in 2 Kings 20:20.
Reasons for the pool
- The pool qualified for the use of ritual Jewish bathing.
- The Jewish “Mikvah” – (“collection – of water”), in Judaism, one bathes for ritual reasons (mentioned below)
NOTE: Once the water arrives and is gathered in the pool, (centre of the church) the body of Christ will experience the move of the Holy Spirit in a very defining way which will bring, anointing, deliverance, healing, restoration, purifying & cleansing. HOWEVER, the church will need a belief, trust & faith in God and the move of the Holy Spirit.
But without faith it is impossible to (walk with God and) please Him, for whoever comes (near) to God must (necessarily) believe that God exists and that He rewards those who (earnestly and diligently) seek Him.
The City – Church of God
The place where the
pool gathers – in the City (OA / Body of Christ / Church), therefore becomes very important for the final key to God’s WILL… will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
The City – Church, is very symbolic today in as
much it re-assures both believers and non-believers that there is refuge and
strength in God.
The church will be a:
- Place of security.
- Place for society.
- Place of trade & traffic, what one wants another supplies.
- Place for unity and mutual fellowship.
- Place of peace and common goals & values.
- Place of freedom & liberty.
- Place of freedom from guilt of sin.
- Place of freedom from the wrath of God.
- Place of freedom from the curse of the law.
- Place of freedom from the present evil world.
- Place of freedom from bondage of satan.
- Place of order & regularity with constitutions and ordinances.
- Place of rest and renewal.
- Place of privileges (gifts etc)
- Place of pomp & splendour because of the King.
- Place of pleasure & beauty.
Conclusion for thought
By restoring the correct, proper
& appropriate relationship, & connection between God & man, His
plan, purpose, desire, heart & His will on earth for His Kingdom & His
people…. Will be done.
- Gihon spring = God bursting forth.
- The Tunnel = Jesus death, burial,
resurrection & salvation.
- The Siloam Pool = Holy Spirit,
FULL purpose & plan, plus “ALL” Gifts.
- The City = Church of God.
7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage
that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Comforter, Advocate,
Intercessor—Counsellor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you; but if I
go, I will send Him (the Holy Spirit)
to you (to be in close fellowship with you).
33 But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His
kingdom and His righteousness [His
way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.
The “foundation” scripture
versus – “Gifts of the Spirit”
1 Corinthians 14:26-40 (Gifts of the Spirit)